Dental Implants: What You Need To Know?
If you are considering dental implants, this short guide helps you find out more about dental implants and what they can do for you.
Dental implants provide a permanent and durable solution to replace missing teeth. Unlike dentures or bridges, dental implants are a long-lasting and stable option that mimic the look and function of natural teeth.
These are made of biocompatible materials such as titanium, which allows them to fuse with the jawbone and provide a strong foundation for replacement teeth. They offer numerous benefits, including:
- Improved appearance,
- Better speech, and
- Enhanced oral health.
With proper care and maintenance, dental implants can last for many years. This makes them a popular choice for those looking to restore their smile and confidence. Patients who visit Kong Dental leave the clinic with a fresh set of teeth and the confidence to smile again.
In this article, we will briefly explore everything you need to know about dental implants in Singapore. This article will cover:
- The benefits of dental implants
- The treatment length of dental implants, and
- The cost of dental implants in Singapore.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants are a long-lasting treatment option for missing teeth. In recent years, they are a popular alternative to traditional dentures or bridges due to their general stability and longevity. These factors can greatly improve a patient’s quality of life.
Here are some of the key benefits of dental implants:
- Improved appearance. Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth, giving patients a more natural-looking smile. Your dentist will carefully match the color of the implant to its neighboring teeth. The implants are custom-made to blend in with your natural teeth.
- Better speech. Missing teeth can impair speaking, particularly if the front teeth are missing. Dental implants help patients talk more clearly and confidently, which can enhance speech.
- More comfort. Dental implants feel more like real teeth since they blend in with your mouth. They are more comfortable than removable dentures, which can shift and cause discomfort or sore spots.
- Improved ability to eat. Dental implants allow patients to eat a wider variety of foods without the fear of damaging the implant or feeling self-conscious while eating. This is because implants are firmly anchored to the jawbone, which makes them stronger and more stable than removable dentures.
- Improved oral health. Dental implants do not require reducing the size of neighboring teeth, as is necessary with traditional bridges. This helps to preserve the overall oral health of the patient.
- Durability. Dental implants are durable teeth replacement options. They may even last a lifetime if given the right care.
- Convenience: Dental implants do not require much aftercare besides brushing and flossing regularly. However, it is still advisable to visit the dentist for the occasional checkup and maintenance.
- Improved self-confidence. Having a full set of teeth can be a huge boost to quality of life and self-confidence.
Also Read: Top 5 Reasons To Visit A Dentist
How Long Will It Take To Get A Dental Implant?
It typically takes 6 – 12 months for a dental implant procedure to be completed. The length before completion can be reliant on a few factors:
- Your current oral hygiene and health
- Whether you require additional procedures before the dental implant procedure
- How successful osseointegration is
If you are about to visit a dentist for your dental implant, this is what your typical patient journey will look like:
Initial Consultation. The dental implant process begins with an initial consultation with your dentist. During this appointment, your dentist will evaluate your oral health, take X-rays, CT scans and discuss your treatment options. The consultation will also help to determine whether you are a good candidate for dental implants.
Implant Placement. The next step is the implant placement procedure. This involves surgically placing a titanium post into the jawbone to serve as the root of the implant. The implant is then left to heal and integrate with the surrounding bone tissue, a process known as ‘Osseointegration’. This can take several months to complete.
Dental Abutment Placement. After the implant has integrated with the bone, the abutment is attached to the post. This is a small connector that joins the implant to the artificial tooth or crown.
Crown Placement. Finally, the crown or artificial tooth is placed onto the abutment. The crown is custom-made to match the color and shape of your natural teeth, and it is securely attached to the abutment to create a natural-looking and functional tooth replacement.
The dental implant procedure in Singapore typically takes several months to complete, depending on the patient’s individual needs and oral health.
The placement of the implant and the healing process can take up to six months, while the placement of the abutment and crown typically takes a few additional appointments.
Your dentist will work with you to develop a personalized treatment plan and timeline based on your specific needs and goals. By following the recommended post-procedure care, you can help ensure the success and longevity of your dental implant.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost in Singapore?
The cost of dental implants in Singapore varies based on several factors:
- The number of implants you require
- The experience and expertise of the dentist or specialist
- The complexity of the implant procedure
- Treatments required before proceeding with the implant procedure
- Whether sedation is required during the implant procedure
Based on the aforementioned factors, each dental implant might cost from SGD 1,250 to SGD 6,000 on average (before Medisave).
Why Are Dental Implants So Expensive?
Dental implant procedures are usually more expensive than other dental treatments, such as dentures or bridges, as it is a complex surgical procedure that requires:
- The expertise of the dental surgeon or specialist
- A longer period of care during treatment from the clinician
However, many patients who have completed dental implants with Kong Dental agree that dental implants have improved their overall ability to bite, chew and speak.
If you have been on the lookout for teeth replacement alternatives, dental implants can be an excellent option for replacing missing teeth. Besides increasing quality of life, implants can improve comfort, appearance and oral health.
While the cost of dental implants may be higher than other options like bridges and dentures, they are typically more cost-effective in the long term due to their durability and longevity.
If you’re looking for dental implants in Singapore, Kong Dental Surgery is here to help.
We ensure that our patients receive the best possible outcomes for their dental implant procedures.
Our team is committed to providing a comfortable and stress-free environment, so you can feel confident and relaxed throughout your treatment.
Contact Kong Dental Surgery today to schedule your consultation and take the first step towards a healthier, more beautiful smile.
Please feel free to call our clinic at:
Make An Enquiry
Let us know your concerns and our clinic staff will get back to you within the day!
Prefer to talk? Call our clinic directly to chat with our friendly nurses at +65 6767 9502
Mon to Fri: 9AM to 9PM
Sat: 9AM to 6PM
Sun and PH: Closed